4TH FEBRUARY – WHAT ELSE IS NEW
Some of our magazine advertising has to be created some time in advance of publication & others are done “just in time”. This has led to some confusion as to new pricing & the pricing of existing orders where a price change is notified. To make it abundantly clear please note the following
1) All orders whether full paid or not, currently on our books FOR ANY PROJECT will be supplied at the old price and there is no need to pay in full at this time if a deposit only has been paid
2) Any new orders for Xplorer/Endeavours placed before 28th February will be at the old price but must be fully paid with order
3) The new prices for the Vlocity sets are effective NOW (from1st February.) Any new orders placed after that date may be secured with a deposit of $100.00 per 2 car set & $150.00 per 3 car set
4) The new price on the VICTORIAN/SA RAIL TANK CARS & other not yet released rail tank cars is effective from 1st March. All orders received prior to that date at the old pricing MUSTB BE PAID IN FULL with order.
5) A deposit only is required on any new order at the new prices
WHAT ELSE IS NEW?
Due for release in April is a series of Overhead Wire Stanchions.
There are a myriad of stanchions used on the NSW railways & it would be impossible to satisfy everyone or reproduce every design. Utilizing the experience of Epping Model Railway Club’s Geoff Small of ‘Mullet Creek’ layout fame, Southern Rail have reproduced three common versions which should inspire all “Under The Wires” modellers to give it a go in making their layouts just a little more like the prototype.
These stanchions are not powered due to the advent of DCC not making it a necessity to control a train through the overhead wires. The stanchions have been designed to accept any proprietary brand catenary that can be soldered such as from Marklin, Sommerfeldt or Fleishmann.
|OH 1 SINGLE (OUTSIDE CURVE)|
PACK 0F 4 – $32.00
|OH2 – SINGLE (INSIDE CURVE )|
PACK 0F 4 – $35.00
|OH 3 – DOUBLE TRACK STANCHION|
PACK OF 2 – $29.00
|POSTAGE: REGISTERED & INSURED ANYWHERE IN AUSTRALIA|
1 – 4 PACKS $9.80; 5 – 9 PACKS $14.30; 10 – 14 PACKS $24.80; 15 – 20 PACKS $27.60
TO PROMOTE THIS NEW RELEASE
- Buy $500.00 of Stanchions; get $75.00 off any 4 car U Boat set ordered at the same time. Both orders paid in full
- Buy any 4 car U Boat set get $75.00 off a $500.00 overhead stanchion order. Both orders paid in full
- Free Postage on fully paid Bulk buy order of any 10 packs of Stanchions ( offer also applies to promotions 1 & 2 above )
With the arrival of our first run of Tulloch Rail Tank Cars, Southern Rail is also delighted to announce our first resin TRACKSIDE structure, a very small production run of an HO scale GENERIC FUEL DEPOT due for delivery in April.
Based on Caltex & BP depots at Bathurst & dioramas by Peter Street & David Low the model comes painted & includes a decal sheet for BP, Caltex, Esso, Shell, Ampol & Golden Fleece to enable clients to customize the structure to their own liking. The model comes as one piece but is easily divided into 4 to customise to your available area. Clients will then be able to super detail at their discretion.
An unpainted pre production version is pictured below. Modifications have been made to the railing on the vertical tanks & to the stumps on the shed
Diorama size is 450 x 200mm and is priced at $275.00. Free postage on any fully paid order placed directly with Southern Rail during February & March.
Southern Rail would like to showcase the great efforts by modelers who weather and otherwise detail models of tank wagons.
Below are details of a contest where you can show what can be achieved with the Southern Rail tank cars that are now available for the discerning modeler direct from Southern Rail Models or our Premium Retail Dealers
The winning 3 models will be showcased at exhibitions and model shops across the east coast of Australia
Modelers may weather and add detail to the Southern Rail tank cars.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Take photos of your weathered model and email or post the photos to Southern Rail Models labelled “Weathering Competition” for preliminary judging (photograph in natural light if possible). Do not send the models at this time. POST PHOTOS TO: PO Box 427 Salamander Bay. NSW. 2317. or e mail direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enteies are limited to a maximum of three per person.
- Photos of the models are to be received by 6th March 2013 or postmarked before 6th March
- The modelling judges will review all submissions and select up to 6 models as finalists.
- Southern Rail reserves the rights to include all photos submitted in a modeller’s gallery on the Southern Rail web page with acknowledgement to the modeller.
- Southern Models will invite the finalists to submit their model to Southern Rail and will reimburse the cost of registered postage for these qualifying finalists.
- The Modelling judges will review the models submitted by the finalists and choose a First second and third best model.
- Southern Rail will retain the three prize winning entries & have the right to exhibit them, promote them over the internet & Southern Rail’s web site and use them for advertising with accreditation to the modellers who submitted the entries.
- The finalists who did not win a prize will have their entry returned by registered postage at Southern Rail Expense with a Southern Rail gift voucher for $30.00 that can be applied to the purchase of any future Southern Rail model released in the ensuing 12 months
- 1st prize $300.00 + new replacement model
- 2nd prize $200.00 + new replacement model
- 3rd prize $100.00 + new replacement model
- Judges decision is final & binding
- Not open to any Southern Rail employee or owner.
Some examples of weathered Tulloch Rail Tank Cars are illustrated for ideas
|FROM THIS||TO THIS|
|FROM THIS||TO THIS|
PHOTO CURTESY HOWARD ARMSTRONG
Southern Rail will be participating in the following Exhibitions during 2013
FORESTVUILLE MARCH 2ND -3RD. CASULA HOBBIES STAND
KALEEN (ACT) MARCH 23RD -24TH
BRISBANE MAY 4TH – 5TH
TOOWOOMBA JUNE 1ST – 2ND
EPPING JUNE 8TH – 10TH
GOLD COAST JULY 20TH – 21ST
MALKARRA ACT AUG 3RD – 4TH
NEWCASTLE AUG 17TH -18TH
CAULFIELD AUG 24TH – 25TH
LIVERPOOL OCT 5TH – 7TH
IPSWICH OCT 26TH – 27TH