Ampol Block Fuel Train and NTAF Rail Tank Cars
HO Scale 16.5mm Gauge
- Ready to Run
- 9 Different Versions
- Highly Detailed Bodies, Underframes
- Injected Moulded Bodywork
- Stainless Steel Etched Walkways & Platforms
- Separately Applied Metal Parts
- Factory Painted & Decorated for Multiple Eras 1950’s – 2010
- 9 Different Paint Schemes (4 for the Block Fuel Train)
- Genuine Kadee 58 Whisker Couplers
- Blackened Spoked & Solid Metal Wheels RP25-100
LIST PRICE $215.00
THE ORIGINAL NSW VERSIONS OF THE QUEENSLAND TANK CARS
This group of cars was owned & operated by Caltex. They were decorated in 1997 in the bright Ampol blue, red & grey livery. The cars were previously operated by Companies merged with Caltex – Ampol & Golden Fleece – and cars acquired from CSR. Thus, several had the elongated dome with elbow safety valves or were the standard three dome type with modifications & central discharge pipes all having the standard 45’ x 9” riveted under-frame. There were several variations to the paintwork depending on the contractor’s interpretation of the requirements.
Southern Rail has also modelled several Ampol and Mobil prototypes including Mobil’s predecessor Company, the Vacuum Oil Co. and the Total Oil Co, as they operated in NSW between the 1950’s to 1970 prior to being sent to Queensland in 1970 & others later in 1990.